Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ten Week Update

We're at 10w+6 days!

Last Wednesday was our Medical History class... two hours of filling out paper work and learning how to have a healthy pregnancy.  I have to say, as much as we're excited about our twins, I couldn't help but feel like an "odd man out" compared to the rest of the moms in our class.  It seemed like there was a lot of "this is how your pregnancy will be... unless you're having twins."  "This is healthy for you to do... except if you're carrying twins."  There were a couple of strong feelings... pride and feeling a little bit special, and also a little bit singled out.

It was a bit of a disappointing appointment.  We got news that I already knew deep down, but ended up hurting me anyway.  Silly, yes... but I was so disappointed to hear that twins are too "at risk" for the Birthing Inn.  It's such an incredibly beautiful place and it was perfect for delivering our little ones... but they wouldn't be safe there, and neither would I.  So it's going to be in the hospital.

And at this point, a few days later, I've accepted it.

I did learn officially that our twins are di/di (dizygotic), meaning that they are in two separate sacs and that they both have their own placentas.  Higher chance of them being fraternal, and better chances of a healthy pregnancy and birth.

We're almost out of the first trimester.  I'm excited to start growing in my belly past the point that it's just pudgy, and I'm ecstatic to be done with the morning sickness and exhaustion.

So this update has been poorly written and hasn't been full of information... so I'm going to sign out.  :)  More to come when I know more about these twinsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment